Terms and Conditions of Exhibiting at Magneticon Cosplay & Gaming Expo
Updated: January 2019
By applying for exhibitor/vendor/ alley space at any of the Magneticon Cosplay & Gaming Expo event, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as specified below, and any other restrictions or Guidelines as deemed necessary by Piper Promotions, its agents, underwriters, Venue Contract Managers or other relevant stakeholders.
1. Magneticon reserves the right to final approval of every display, and the ability to take any course of action it deems necessary to rectify a situation that may impact upon the convention negatively, including expulsion of
any Exhibitor from the Magneticon Cosplay & Gaming Expo, who does not comply with the stated requests. No compensation for
loss of monies will be accepted for failing to obey instructions resulting in expulsion from Magneticon and its representatives.
2. Any Exhibitor that fails to occupy their space for whatever reason will forfeit their money. There are no
refunds or transfers available once Piper Promotions has received payment and the digital registration form.
3. Displays must stay within the confines of the space allocated, must not impede aisles and walkways, or block
exits. This includes cabinets, shelving, display cases, tables, stock containers, stages and equipment.
4. No sale or spruiking can occur outside the boundaries of your booth (including outside the venue, or in aisles,
seminar rooms or thoroughfares) without prior approval.
5. All tables must have table covers, recommended being the approximate length to reach the floor in front of
your booth. Tablecloths are NOT supplied as part of registration – these can be ordered from the Expo
Supplier or exhibitors may provide these themselves. Please bring them and some extra sheets to cover your
stock overnight if required.
6. The official closing time of each Magneticon Cosplay & Gaming Expo is 1600 (4pm) on the Sunday of the event. No dismantling of displays is permitted until the site is cleared of visitors and Magneticon makes the appropriate announcement. This is to ensure the safety of the general public still occupying the space.
7. Magneticon cannot guarantee access for vehicles within the venue in order to unload or pack your items, nor the
availability of pallet trolleys or forklifts. Please ensure that your stock can be moved by hand or bring an
8. You must make arrangements with Magneticon Operations prior to the expo for the movement of larger items, crates and pallets.
9. Sale or giveaway of stickers or other adhesive items, or inflated balloons of any type, are prohibited in all
Magneticon venues. Any damage caused by an Exhibitor or their Staff, or by items affixed to or trapped in the
venue, doors, glass, floors etc will create a removal, cleaning and/or resurfacing cost charged to the exhibitor.
10. Sale or sampling of any food or beverage items – whether packaged or fresh – is not allowed without written
permission from the Event Organiser and Venue. This includes but is not limited to candy or sweets, canned
drinks, hot or baked goods. Magneticon reserves the right to confiscate any consumable items not removed by
exhibitors. Approved food and drink Items must list Ingredients on their packaging or will be banned from sale
11. Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to enter the hall from bump in or break down time periods –
Security Officers have instructions not to allow children under 16 years of age on site during these times.
12. Registration from the following groups/parties are not accepted to the Magneticon Pop Culture Expo:
a. Political Parties or affiliates
b. Smoking Groups or campaigners
c. Alcohol Groups or campaigners
13. Magneticon is a drug and alcohol free event. Persons that supply or consume alcohol outside of approved areas,
or are in possession of illegal drugs, will be removed from the event and the authorities contacted, if required.
Safety and Risk:
1. All Exhibitors, their suppliers, contractors, staff and assistants are classified as workers under State and Federal
Acts and Regulations pertaining to Work Health and Safety. These state that all workers are to show due
diligence in keeping their work area clean, safe and risk free, and to report all hazards, incidents or injuries to
Magneticon Management ( Piper Promotions ).
2. All workers are to show due diligence in keeping work areas clean, safe and risk-free, and to report all hazards,
incidents or injuries to Magneticon Management. More information about common risks and hazards will be
available in the Exhibitor Manual.
3. Reading and acceptance of Magneticon Cosplay & Gaming expo ’ ‘Health and Safety Policy’ shows that the
Exhibitor understands their obligations under these Acts. Piper Promotions encourages all
Exhibitors to develop their own in-house safety policies for their staff and volunteers.
Electricity and Power:
1. All portable equipment, appliances, chargers and lighting used at the Magneticon event site (I.e. anything that is
plugged into the venue power supply) must be tested and tagged in accordance with state Workplace Health
and Safety Regulations and Australian Standard AS/~ 3760:2010.
2. More information can be found in the Magneticon Work Health and Safety Policy and Exhibitor Manual.
Public Liability Insurance:
1. All exhibitors, co-exhibitors, vendors, Alley occupants and contractors are required to provide proof of Public
Liability Insurance. This refers to damage or injury caused to third parties/visitors on or in the vicinity of your
exhibition stand or hired space, or by the fault of your products.
2. This is delivered in the form of a “Certificate of Currency”, the details of which must be supplied when booking via the eform. It is advisable for a copy to be held by the exhibitor throughout the duration of the show, including bump in/out times.
3. Where applicable, copies of Workers Compensation and Professional Indemnity Insurance documents
(including those of subcontractors) need to be available upon request.
4. Magneticon cannot recommend an insurance policy suitable for your exhibitor booth or artist alley space. Please contact your insurance broker to enquire about the most appropriate cover for the event.
5. NOTE: Public Liability Insurance does not cover theft of your products, or damage to your products or displays
caused by third parties. Consult your broker for advice on other forms of business insurance that would cover
Safety Vests and Closed Shoes:
1. It is advisable for all exhibitors and personnel to wear approved safety vests during bump in and bump out
periods. Covered shoes must also be worn. Thongs, flats, sandals or heels are NOT acceptable footwear during
2. Those not wearing the appropriate attire will not be granted entry to the hall or the loading dock.
Delivery/Collection of goods:
1. Neither Magneticon, nor the Event Venue will accept responsibility for the safety or security of any display or
product item delivered to the site.
2. It is very important that all items are clearly marked with your company name and contact details, stand name, collection and delivery details, and the name of your freight company.
3. It is advisable to clearly mark the consignment number on the items to reduce confusion during collection, or to track goods in transit.
4. Please note that all goods/property must be removed from the premises Sunday afternoon/evening or have freight forwarding pick-up confirmations prior to midday, 12 noon, the relevant Monday morning.
5. Interstate and International Exhibitors please contact Piper Promotions for freight forwarding instructions and details. More information will be available in the Exhibitor Manual prior to the events.
Literature and Spruiking:
1. The distribution of leaflets and other promotional materials is confined to the stand area and is not permitted
in the hallways or elsewhere in the exhibition grounds.
2. The Organisers reserve the right to prohibit the display or distribution of advertising matter that could give rise to the offence and to confiscate the supplies thereof for the duration of the event.
1. Pornography is strictly forbidden for sale or giveaway at Magneticon Expos; so too are items that would be
classified as illegal under any or all state or territory law within Australia, including but not limited to extreme
restricted or explicit materials or those that contains paedophilia in any form.
2. All other adult material must not be visibly displayed or within reach of any minors, and carry appropriate or
3. The Sale and Display of weapons, replicas and props that have the potential to cause injury carry conditions
and restrictions. Guidelines for the legal and acceptable trade of these items is available upon request.
Bootleg or Unlicensed Materials:
1. Magneticon enforces a zero tolerance for the ownership or sale of bootleg or pirated goods. Spot-Check
Inspections of stock will be randomly conducted throughout the event.
2. If any restricted, illegal or contraband materials are found, action will be taken to confiscate or remove these
materials from the event. This may include the cessation of trading and/or expulsion from Magneticon.
3. Please be aware that under these circumstances, you will not be eligible for any compensation as noted in
point (1) of the General section of these Terms and Conditions. It is your responsibility to bring and provide all relevant documentation, that proves your materials are not suspect, on the days of the event to be shown if
1. Any visual displays (film, video, games or other multimedia) that are rated MA15+ or above, or the equivalent as determined by the National Classification Scheme, are required by law to be within a closed or monitored space and not to be seen by those who do not have the express desire to do so. Children under the age of the Classification specification must be accompanied by a guardian.
2. Further information regarding your responsibilities as an exhibitor as well as appropriate order forms and
additional show details will be made available in the Magneticon Expo Exhibitor Manual, available prior to the event.
Advertising and use of Magneticon Logo:
1. Magneticon can provide an electronic version of the Magneticon Logo in *.jpg or *.eps format for inclusion in your advertising, promotional publications, magazine and e-News advertisements, or as a link from your website.
2. The organisers must approve all uses of the Magneticon Logo prior to publishing or broadcast of recorded material.
3. Approval for the use of the logo is for the original request only, and does not grant blanket use of that logo. A list of its intended uses must be made clear up front.
4. To obtain the high-resolution image please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5. To enquire about additional promotional use of the Trademarked Logo (such as creating or commissioning
items to sell or give away), please contact email@example.com
1. If you have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions pertaining to your contract as an exhibitor at
Magneticon Cosplay & Gaming Expo, please contact Piper Promotions at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 04900 78844